Отчет о научно-исследовательской работе “Presence of starch in chickpea seeds”
Казахский национальный аграрный исследовательский университет, г.Алматы, Республика Казахстан,
The chickpea seeds were researched. Main research objectives:
- Detect the presence of starch in chickpea seeds.
- Isolate the starch from chickpea seeds and determine the yield of isolation on a dry basis.
- Determine the size and shape, and location of the hilum of the isolated chickpea starch granules.
- Identify the behavior of gelatinization of isolated chickpea starch.
- Make a starch solution from the isolated chickpea starch. Hydrolyze the starch solution in two different ways and figure out the degree of hydrolysis.
Using an iodine test, the presence of starch in chickpea seeds was detected. Amylose, which is present in the starch, is responsible for the formation of an intense blue-black color in the presence of iodine. Starch was isolated from chickpea seeds with a yield of 41.6% on a dry basis. Granule size 10-20 μm, shape is elliptical (oval), and hilum is located within the central dimple. The gelatinization behavior of isolated chickpea starch was detected. It was found that the start of gelatinization is at 64.9 °C, peak gelatinization at 70.4 °C, and retrogradation at 50.1 °C. A solution of glucose or maltose, or a mixture of glucose, maltose and oligosaccharides was obtained using an acidic and enzymatic method. Overall, from the experiments it can be concluded that the presence of starch in chickpea seeds increases the efficiency and quality of chickpea.
Конкурс, в котором автор работы принял участие:
Форма представления работы
Дата публикации работы: 04.12.2020